Photo Credit: Anita George
The last time I put one of these Lists of LOLs together was in college.
It wasn’t even published on a blog. Not even on Tumblr.
Y’all, it was published via a Facebook Note. And of course I tagged all of my super-cool friends in the note; as one did during the aughts. I think I even titled it “Tele-tomfoolery” or some nonsense. Oh to be young again…
(Do people even still use Facebook Notes anymore? I don’t even know, I still refuse to get sucked into Snapchat.)
The whole point of a List of LOLs is to provide a curated list of links to videos or memes that are pretty much guaranteed to cheer someone up during stressful or sad times.
And since it’s the beginning of December and we’re right smack in the middle of what can be a stressful holiday season for many, I figured now would a good time to release such a magical list.
(Plus, with everything that’s been going on in the world, I feel like a list like this is a small but important reminder, that good and/or funny things can still happen in the world, no matter how many terrible events seem to keep coming at us.)
So if you need a happy reminder, some cheering up or just a break from garden-variety holiday anxiety, just scroll down and pick a link. With goat babies, Nick Offerman, parodies AND PUPPIES you really can’t go wrong.
Happy Holidays, y’all. Here’s the list:
- Adele, Jimmy Fallon and the Roots perform “Hello” with classroom instruments
- Sh%t Southern Women Say (NSFW) — “Why would she get married during football season?”
- Goat Babies in Pajamas
- Cute Puppy Vine
- TV Binge Hangover
- Goodnight Westeros
- Supernatural/Taylor Swift Parody
- Inside Amy Schumer- Doggy Daycare
- If My Brain Were a Person
- Lip Sync Battle: Joseph Gordon Levitt performs “Rhythm Nation”
- Nick Offerman’s Yule Log (If you just need some calming zen time with Nick Offerman and his glorious beard.)